Wednesday, December 17, 2008

hello world!

Hello everyone!
This is my first blog post. Welcome to the manic mind of Mary!

My mind is indeed manic today. I am tired beyond comprehension. It feels like a tiny little man is hammering at the back of my eyeballs and head. Ahh well.

This blog will be a cheerful blog! I don't want to go on and on about what a drag college apps are, and "omg we're seniors now" type sentimental blogs, because those two topics are very overdone.

So I (my mom) put up our Christmas tree in our living room. We were too lazy to actually decorate it with ornaments and trinkets, etc, so we just stuck lights in and decorated with Christmas cards. We literally stuck Christmas cards all around the tree. I was surprised to find that they actually are nice ornaments. When you're near the tree you can pick out cards and read them whilst reminiscing.

Speaking of Christmas, my house has about five different Christmas snow globes out and about. I have a bone to pick with snow globes. What is their purpose? They do absolutely nothing. They are not even cute. You shake it, wee, white stuff floats around, white stuff settles down, and you shake it again. Why should this be entertaining at all? Unless you happen to be an infant. Then it's loads of fun.
I don't understand. I just don't understand.

Also on a random note, does anyone use the word "whilst"? Or is it just me? The other day I had the word whilst written in my homework and Erica lovingly exclaimed, "WHY do you use words like 'whilst'?? Are YOU Shakespeare?? What's WRONG with you?," whilst sporting bulging eyeballs that were protruding with either irritation or admiration. I like to think the latter.

So it is currently...12:25 AM. I really should be studying for my math test tomorrow.

I should also really have a catchphrase to end posts with. I'll experiment for now.

Ta-ta!






No comments: